Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Update

As we came down from the cab, Shawn offered, "Let me hold your hand didi" and held Dylan's hand. 3 of us walked in a row till we reached a little shallow drain. Shawn said, "See I walk over it" and stepped over while still holding Dylan's hand. Then Dylan stepped over. Shawn rubbed Dylan's head and said, "Good job Dylan!". Such sweet boy! And he does that whenever we take a cab home. He also helps to try to put Dylan shoes on for him when I pick them up from school.


Last Friday Shawn went to watch Rocky the baby Panda. He said, "I take (took) a school bus. Sit with Xin Yi, she's my partner, then we all go and watch the show (play)". He loved the friendly tiger prancing around and scratching the panda's ear. When asked about the crane, he said, "The crane dance funnily like this" and stamp his feet quickly, head look down and moved his arms like a bird flying. Guess he loves the play a lot and am glad that he enjoyed it!

On Saturday Shawn and I went to a shoe shop to get white shoes for class photo taking. We saw a pair with white Barney emboss and I asked, if he wanted it. He replied, "No, Barney is girly." He chosed one with Snoopy emboss and another pair with Mickey emboss for Dylan.

Last night, Ah Ma was commenting that Shawn hasn't been reading Peter and Jane (well, he did 3days ago). So I passed that comment to Shawn. He turned around and said, "No, but I do my work." (i.e. Ah Ma spent time going through some Chinese workbook and coloring activities with this guy). I guess he figured reading and 'doing work' means education time; it's either or combination; not 'doing work' AND reading!

Everytime I told him that he's been watching too much TV and that he should 'do some work', he would ask, "Later I watch when I drink milk? Just a little bit, ok?"
Ah Ma bought some pretty dresses for my little niece and showed me. He said, "No, it's not nice". I said, "Ok, how about if Zoe wears this one? And how about if Ashley wears this other one?". He nodded and smiled.

This morning, no one saw what happened but we were just guessing the boys played too rough. So Dylan might have knocked against Shawn's nose that it bled, not profusely. So, I told the teacher to watch out. Tr Seena asked him what happened, and he told her that Dylan pushed him.

No comments: