Thursday, December 22, 2011

About Shawn

As far as I can remember
- Today he sang a Mandarin song in front of his classmates. We got him to sing to us, hmmm weren't sure what song was it but he said it's some kiddy Chinese song
- He learnt about vowels and consonants, I don't remember what age I learnt that in school though...
- Told me that one of his classmates got scolded by Tr Katie for hitting him on the head with thermometer cover (no harm done, probably just boys playing)
- Tonight he wanted to read. He read 80% one of a book from Scholastic (Hello Beach) and can read say 70% Snow Bug book. We are very happy with his effort! We got the books from Xmas last year. I have to admit only few pop ups on Snow bug books survived to date thanks for Dylan the destroyer.
- He is loving stencils a lot. He has been tracing lots of animals, dinosaurs etc. And today he did, I'm pretty amazed how he did the colors especially on the turtle and duck.  I asked if he used a ruler or something to guide, he said, "Nope, just use stencil to draw and then color pencils to color like that, like that (gesturing his hands coloring the paper)"

No comments: